PRAYER & FASTING
Prayer & fasting – ‘yay’ I hear you say…?!
While the thought of prayer and fasting may not be an exciting one, there are many benefits to be gained by coming to God in this way and so we would like to call you to this discipline for two days next week. With all the challenges of today we need God to breakthrough and to empower us to build His church.
As we come to prayer we want to live out our church culture in the following way:
- We want to come together as FAMILY to pray, enjoying the power in standing together.
- We want to be EMPOWERED by the Holy Spirit in our times together.
- We want to come AUTHENTICALLY to God, laying our troubles and weaknesses before Him.
- We want to pray WHOLEHEARTEDLY, not just ‘offering up’ a few token prayers.
- We want to be COURAGEOUS in the way that we pray, coming with a bold expectation.
We will be fasting for two days, the Wednesday & Thursday (10th & 11th Feb) and will be meeting on both those evenings at the church building at 7.30pm to pray.
We are excited to see what God will do in and through us as a result of this time spent in prayer so please make use of this opportunity to seek God.